Ask me a question! Just do it! Ask me a freakin question!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Elvis Has Left The Building


Yes, folks, that's right. My family and I have moved.


After careful consideration and some excellent packing, we set off for our new home.


Granted, it is only five blocks away from the shithole we lived in previously, and it is a MUCH better house, moving still took like three whole months and I am still living out of boxes.






We rented a truck, but it did not have such useful advice. It did have a sign promising a much smoother move with u-haul, but I think we would have gotten a better deal if we would have used Jaun-Haul, where they don't speak english but they just move it all for you and they don't gripe in any understandeable language.

It used to be I could load every piece of furniture I owned on 24 foot truck by myself. Then, the last two years hit and I am tragically unable to continue my German Hausfrau technique of living. Basically for a control freak such as myself, being told, 'don't lift that,' or 'put that down', is bad enough. But add to it that I KNOW I cannot do it because of my physical disabilities....and so do the people that know and love me.....and yet....it came time to move and the ONLY person that did not ditch me was King Elk of the Elks and his brother, whom he then later in the evening inducted as an Elk himself. So I was able to get out of constantly being told not to overwork myself by constantly overworking myself and THEN fetching beer.


All in all, I feel like if I ever have to move again, I will just shoot myself in the head and refuse to deal with it. But, as you can see, I am back. And fairly unscathed. Almost not dead. And, not one fucking question while I was gone, not one. tsk, tsk. Soon I will have to begin talking to myself again. What's that? Of course I will get you a beer, self.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This business about graceful exit just simply has no realism to it at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh shut up George! I'm happy about it... happy happy happy... I'm just happy... so shut up! It's a happy thing. Really happy.

Our Crazy Guestbook-Add yourself!